You'll hike from north to south on this exceptional trip, from Cortina d'Ampezzo to Moena in Val di Fassa. Hike across the Cinque Torri, across the Pelmo and Civetta areas covering the second portion of Alta Via 1, then move onto Alta Via 2. Hike from the foot of the highest mountain in the Dolomites, the majestic Marmolada (3,342m / 10,964'), and cross into Val di Contrin and eventually Val di Fassa.
The impressive scenery and the variety of terrain on this route perfectly match the warmth and hospitality offered by the mountain huts. The unusual contrasts in landscapes, changing colors and textures of the mountains, and a curious mix of Italian and Austrian influences mean fantastic hiking, stunning scenery, and plenty of pasta!
- Enjoy hiking on a combination of Alta Via 1 and 2, blended to perfection and eager to impress
- Admire a variety of different landscapes and geological features, as you cross over multiple regions and through several natural parks
- Hike hut-to-hut, enjoying the atmosphere of a different mountain rifugio each night and unique cuisine
- Discover the charms of Cinque Torri, Pelmo and Civetta areas, the Marmolada Glacier and Val di Fassa
- Travel through Dolomite villages and towns including Cortina d’Ampezzo and Moena in Val di Fassa
- This itinerary is part of our commitment to responsible travel and our partnership with The Long Run, one of the world’s largest sustainable development initiatives led by nature-based businesses
Hotel in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Hotel in Malga Ciapela (B,D)
Hotel in Moena, Val di Fassa (B,D)
The Dolomites has a multi-faceted culture and history that is reflected in each village we visit, and we make sure to provide you with the most authentic experience of the region possible through the hotels and B&Bs we offer. Hotels and chalets are available in the larger villages, while agriturismos (working farms with accommodations similar to B&Bs) are more common in rural areas. And we always make sure you have access to inspired regional cuisine, and the best panoramas you can get in the Dolomites!
Prefer luxury accommodations?
You can also book a custom departure of this trip using our Luxury Hotels. For details, please contact us.
Want to learn more about our Mountain Inns & Rifugi?
Rifugi – or mountain huts in English – are the classic accommodation for hikers, climbers, mountaineers, and ski mountaineers in the Alps. Set in spectacular locations high in the Dolomites, rifugi are accessible only on foot (with a few exceptions that are reachable by car). These marvelous establishments are open primarily in the summer, with a select few in winter, and offer meals and sleeping facilities.
The Dolomite rifugi are considered the best in the Alps. While some are dormitory style with bunk beds, many meet the standard of a simple guest house with private rooms and en-suite bathrooms, and each has its own unique character and charm. Bedding and linens are provided, hot showers are available, and meals are served in common dining areas – like a small mountain inn set high in the mountains with the most incredible vistas in the Dolomites. Whether you’re hiking in summer or skiing in winter, an overnight rifugio stay is not to miss on a Dolomite holiday.
To learn even more about rifugi in the Dolomites, check out our Rifugios in the Dolomites article, and learn about one of the best ways to experience these incredible mountains!
€ 3.260 per person (minimum 2 participants)
€ 2.090 per person (minimum 4 participants)
Self Guided Trip:
€ 1.380 per person (minimum 2 participants)
€ 1.150 per person (minimum 4 participants)
The cost is based on 3-star hotels, it can be upgraded to 4/5-star, please contact us for a quotation.
High Season Dates: 17th July - 29th August 2021 —- 5% increase on costs
Private room supplement in rifugios: €25 per rifugio, per person (based on availability)
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and maps of the area
- 1 night accommodation in 3-star hotel in Cortina d’Ampezzo
- 4 nights accommodation in charming rifugios, in private rooms/shared dormitory with private/shared facilities
- 1 night accommodation in 3-star hotel at Malga Ciapela
- 1 night accommodation in 3-star hotel in Moena
- All breakfasts
- Most dinners (except on Day 1 in Cortina d'Ampezzo)
- Local English speaking Professional UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide (guided trips)
- Transfers in the area as per itinerary
- Luggage transfers to your rifugio on Day 3, and your hotels on Days and 5 and 7.
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax