This superb ski touring and off-piste adventure will show you not only the best descents in the region, but breathtaking terrain and panoramic vistas that surpass what you could possibly imagine. This a quintessentially Italian experience and a connoisseur's choice, perfect for ski tourers who have completed the classic tours of the Western Alps and are looking for new horizons. Plus we’ve selected a mixture of charming hotels and rifugi (mountain huts), showcasing the best of the wonderful culture and cuisine of this region.
Fascinating culture, delicious hearty cuisine, and fresh tracks in a backcountry that you have all to yourself… we can’t think of a better winter vacation!
- Ski tour in the heart of Stelvio National Park, near the Italian border with Switzerland and Austria – experiencing its distinctive geology and extensive glaciers
- Ascend the spectacular Monte Cevedale (3,769m / 12,362') and ski down its incredible open bowls
- Enjoy superb glacier skiing with our Professional UIAGM/IFMGA Ski Guides, who will show you the best ski routes in the area
- Ski hut-to-hut and enjoy the atmosphere of the mountain rifugios, with superb views
- Savor the delicious hearty cuisine of Northern Italy
- Perfect for experienced skiers looking for a new destination away from the crowds!
Hotel in Bormio (D)
Hotel in Bormio (B,D)
Love to ski? But don’t relish sharing the slopes with the crowds? Backcountry skiing in the Ortler-Cevedale offers the best descents, far from the crowds!
On a backcountry ski tour with Dolomite Mountains you’ll enjoy fresh tracks on many of the best descents that the area has to offer! Each day you'll set out with your guide to ski the best snow and off-piste terrain. Remarkable uphill ascents, yes, but we think you’ll agree your uphill efforts were well spent as you enjoy the long runs down remote valleys, dominated by large glaciers and wide bowls!
- Trip briefing and orientation
- Logistics and maps of the area
- 2 nights accommodations in 4-star hotel in Bormio
- 4 nights accommodations in rifugi (mountain inns)
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Local English speaking Professional UIAGM/IFMGA Ski Guide for 5 days
- Transportation in the area as per itinerary
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax