Your days will be spent actively exploring these majestic mountains, while evenings you’ll relish the comfort of small hotels nestled among the surrounding peaks. Cozy wood-paneled bedrooms and big fluffy duvets make for a great end to the day!
You'll spend the first few nights enjoying chic Cortina d’Ampezzo. From here you hike to one of the highest rifugios in the Dolomites, where you will overnight and experience the unique mountain-inn style, its superb panoramas, and fascinating WWI relics. You return to Alta Badia, enjoying this bastion of the ancient Ladin culture that remains intact here in the heart of the Dolomites.
The Italian Dolomites are a great destination for family adventures. Truly a hiker's paradise, thousands of trails wind their way between the fantastic pinnacles of these jagged mountains, which magically turn from pale gray to gold and pink at dusk. And via ferrata, literally translated as the iron way or iron path, run throughout the Dolomites, incorporating a system of iron ladders to assist hikers on steep mountainous terrain. These trails, originally built and used by WWI soldiers fighting in this region, are an exhilarating way to access spectacular mountain terrain.
But besides the exhilarating hiking, our multi-sport trip features mountain biking, the option to travel to the Austrian border, a train ride, swimming pools, waterslides, and a summertime adrenaline adventure park. The Dolomite Mountains truly have something for everyone, to make this the ultimate summer vacation!
- Breathe in pure air and experience a variety of hikes among spectacular landscapes in a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
- Enjoy the atmosphere of mountain rifugios, in true mountaineer style
- Hike tunnels constructed during WWI, and discover the local history of this conflict
- Learn to climb a via ferrata, the “iron paths” of the Dolomites
Hotel in Cortina d’Ampezzo
Hotel in Cortina d’Ampezzo (B)
Hotel in Alta Badia (B,D)
Hotel in Alta Badia (B,D)
Luxury accommodations in the Dolomites combine the ultimate in comfort and refinement. From five star hotels, Michelin star-rated restaurants, and pampering spas, just because you are in the mountains does not mean you cannot have a truly luxe Italian experience in the Dolomites! From the chic town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, a popular destination for the rich and famous, to the quiet and discreet luxury of San Cassiano in Alta Badia, you will find accommodations with credentials ranging from membership in the exclusive Relais & Châteaux to The Leading Hotels of the World!
Still want more? Why not extend your adventure!
Dolomite Mountains offers fantastic extensions that you can enjoy before or after your trip in the Dolomites. Explore Venice, Verona, Lake Garda, Florence, or Milan, or any of the many other magical places found throughout Italy. There's no more perfect way to recover from jet lag upon arrival, or delay your return to reality at the end of your trip!
€ 3.870 per person (2 participants)
€ 2.660 per person (4 participants)
€ 2.370 per person (6 participants) - 2 guides for via ferrata day
Self-Guided Trip - Via ferrata day is guided:
€ 2.340 per person (2 participants)
€ 1.890 per person (4 participants)
€ 1.810 per person (6 participants) - 2 guides for via ferrata day
The cost is based on the specified hotel category. (Please see the cost inclusions list). If you would like an upgrade, please get in touch with us for a quotation.
We will do our best to accommodate you in the specified class of accommodations. However, if there is no availability in this category, we will offer you the next available classification at a supplementary price.
Important to note:
- There is a high-season 15% surcharge from July 14th to Sept 8th.
- There is a private-room supplement in Rifugi: €40 per Rifugio, per person per night (based on availability).
- Prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any changes.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- 2 nights accommodation in 3-star hotel in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- 1 night accommodation in rifugio
- 2 nights accommodation in 3-star hotel in Alta Badia
- All breakfasts
- All dinners (except dinners in Cortina d'Ampezzo)
- Local English speaking Professional UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide (if guided)
- Via ferrata equipment for 1 day
- Bike and equipment rental for 1 day (if guided)
- Rafting tour
- Lifts and cable cars in the area (if guided)
- Local transportation as per itinerary
- Luggage transfer
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax
Additional cost for a paragliding flight (20 min):
320€ per person + transfers to/from meeting point