Several hundred meters above the meadows rises the superb Sciliar
Dolomite plateau. The Sciliar originated from ancient coral reefs, and
provides striking contrast to the lush green meadows beneath. The
irresistible charm of this special environment will surely entice you to
go hike and explore, or just relax and admire the splendor of the
surrounding natural wonderland.
The majestic Dolomite Mountains offer so many incredible areas to hike and explore, it’s hard to choose just one! But the advantage of selecting a single area for your trip is that you can get to know the area more intimately. That’s why we created our Hiking Around Alpe di Siusi – it’s the perfect way to explore this stunning area of the Dolomites, in 5 days!
- Short on time? This is the perfect quick way to experience the Dolomites on foot!
- Escape to Alpe di Siusi on this 5-day hike, and explore the largest alpine plateau in all of Europe!
- Marvel at breathtaking Dolomitic peaks, contrasting with green pastures beneath
- Enjoy the atmosphere of the mountain rifugios, the best in the Alps!
- Self guided trips are a great way to experience the culture and beauty of the Dolomites at your own pace, but with the peace of mind that comes from having everything perfectly arranged for you!
Hotel in Val Gardena (D)
Hotel in Val Gardena (B,D)
Want to learn more about our Hotels and B&Bs?
The Dolomites has a multi-faceted culture and history that is reflected in each village we visit, and we make sure to provide you with the most authentic experience of the region possible through the hotels and B&Bs we offer. Hotels and chalets are available in the larger villages, while agriturismos (working farms with accommodations similar to B&Bs) are more common in rural areas. And we always make sure you have access to inspired regional cuisine, and the best panoramas you can get in the Dolomites!
Want to learn more about our Mountain Inns & Rifugi?
Rifugi – or mountain huts in English – are the classic accommodation for hikers, climbers, mountaineers, and ski mountaineers in the Alps. Set in spectacular locations high in the Dolomites, rifugi are accessible only on foot (with a few exceptions that are reachable by car). These marvelous establishments are open primarily in the summer, with a select few in winter, and offer meals and sleeping facilities.
The Dolomite rifugi are considered the best in the Alps. While some are dormitory style with bunk beds, many meet the standard of a simple guest house with private rooms and en-suite bathrooms, and each has its own unique character and charm. Bedding and linens are provided, hot showers are available, and meals are served in common dining areas – like a small mountain inn set high in the mountains with the most incredible vistas in the Dolomites. Whether you’re hiking in summer or skiing in winter, an overnight rifugio stay is not to miss on a Dolomite holiday.
To learn even more about rifugi in the Dolomites, check out our Rifugios in the Dolomites article, and learn about one of the best ways to experience these incredible mountains!
Check out the high definition videos in our SUMMER VIDEO GALLERY!
READ Travel & Leisure: “Hot Spots of Italy’s Dolomite Mountains”
Still want more? Why not extend your adventure!
Dolomite Mountains offers fantastic extensions that you can enjoy before or after your trip in the Dolomites. Explore Venice, Verona, Lake Garda, Florence, or Milan, or any of the many other magical places found throughout Italy. There's no more perfect way to recover from jet lag upon arrival, or delay your return to reality at the end of your trip!
VIA FERRATA OPTION
Add a day (or more!) of climbing via ferrata with one of our UIAGM/IFMGA professional mountain guides! The vie ferrate, or iron paths of the Dolomites, allow non-climbers to discover the mountains in safety and adding a new dimension to hiking the pristine alpine wilderness of the Dolomites. Contact us for details!
€ 1.970 per person (2 participants)
€ 1.430 per person (4 participants)
€ 1.240 per person (6 participants)
Self Guided Trip:
€ 940 per person (2 participants)
€ 880 per person (4 participants)
€ 860 per person (6 participants)
The cost is based on the specified hotel category. (Please see the cost inclusions list). If you would like an upgrade, please get in touch with us for a quotation.
We will do our best to accommodate you in the specified class of accommodations. However, if there is no availability in this category, we will offer you the next available classification at a supplementary price.
Important to note:
- There is a high-season 15% surcharge from July 14th to Sept 8th.
- There is a private-room supplement in Rifugi: €40 per Rifugio, per person per night (based on availability).
- Prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any changes.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- 2 nights accommodation in 3-star hotel in Val Gardena
- 2 nights accommodation in rifugio (shared dormitories)
- All breakfasts & dinners
- Local English speaking Hiking Guide (guided trips)
- Lift tickets (if guided)
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax