On this hiking adventure, you’ll get an in-depth taste of one of the most well known areas of the Dolomites – Cortina d’Ampezzo. You’ll explore Cortina’s natural highlights on foot – including hiking around Tre Cime di Lavaredo, perhaps the best most recognizable trio of peaks in the Dolomites, and taking in some of the best vistas of the red-stained Croda Rossa Mountain. You’ll travel from hut to hut, experiencing the welcoming hospitality and incredible hearty meals of traditional Dolomites cooking. And travel near the Austrian border, experience ruins of the WWI conflict and the Italian and Austrian involvement. Plus you’ll begin and finish your trip in the charming alpine resort town Cortina d’Ampezzo itself!The majestic Dolomite Mountains offer so many incredible areas to hike and explore, it’s hard to choose just one. But the advantage of selecting a single area for your trip is that you can get to know the area more intimately. That’s why we created our Hiking Around the Tre Cime di Lavaredo and Fanes-Sennes-Braies Natural Park – it’s the perfect way to explore the Cortina area of the Dolomites, in just six days!
- Escape to Cortina d’Ampezzo and explore the surrounding beauty on foot on this 6-day adventure!
- Experience the fairy tale mountain landscape of the Dolomites, with astounding panoramas around every corner
- Hike hut-to-hut, enjoying the atmosphere of a different mountain rifugio each night, and enjoy the delicious hearty cuisine the Dolomites are known for
- Take in the beauty of Tre Cime di Lavaredo, the most recognized mountain in the Dolomites
Hotel in Cortina d’Ampezzo
Hotel in Cortina d’Ampezzo (B)
The Dolomites has a multi-faceted culture and history that is reflected in each village we visit, and we make sure to provide you with the most authentic experience of the region possible through the hotels and B&Bs we offer. Hotels and chalets are available in the larger villages, while agriturismos (working farms with accommodations similar to B&Bs) are more common in rural areas. And we always make sure you have access to inspired regional cuisine, and the best panoramas you can get in the Dolomites!
Prefer luxury accommodations?
You can also book a custom departure of this trip using our Luxury Hotels. For details, please contact us.
Want to learn more about our Mountain Inns & Rifugi?
Rifugi – or mountain huts in English – are the classic accommodation for hikers, climbers, mountaineers, and ski mountaineers in the Alps. Set in spectacular locations high in the Dolomites, rifugi are accessible only on foot (with a few exceptions that are reachable by car). These marvelous establishments are open primarily in the summer, with a select few in winter, and offer meals and sleeping facilities.
The Dolomite rifugi are considered the best in the Alps. While some are dormitory style with bunk beds, many meet the standard of a simple guest house with private rooms and en-suite bathrooms, and each has its own unique character and charm. Bedding and linens are provided, hot showers are available, and meals are served in common dining areas – like a small mountain inn set high in the mountains with the most incredible vistas in the Dolomites. Whether you’re hiking in summer or skiing in winter, an overnight rifugio stay is not to miss on a Dolomite holiday.
To learn even more about rifugi in the Dolomites, check out our Rifugios in the Dolomites article, and learn about one of the best ways to experience these incredible mountains!
Check out the high definition videos in our SUMMER VIDEO GALLERY!
Want to learn more about hiking in the Dolomites?
Check out our Tips for Hiking in the Dolomites article!
Still want more adventure?
We can add several days of via ferrata to your trip! Ask us for details.
Still want even more? Why not extend your adventure!
Dolomite Mountains offers fantastic extensions that you can enjoy before or after your trip in the Dolomites. Explore Venice, Verona, Lake Garda, Florence, or Milan, or any of the many other magical places found throughout Italy. There's no more perfect way to recover from jet lag upon arrival, or delay your return to reality at the end of your trip!
€ 2.490 per person (2 participants)
€ 1.710 per person (4 participants)
€ 1.440 per person (6 participants)
Self Guided Trip:
€ 1.040 per person (2 participants)
€ 960 per person (4 participants)
€ 910 per person (6 participants)
- There is a high-season 15% surcharge from July 14th to Sept 8th.
- There is a private-room supplement in Rifugi: €40 per Rifugio, per person per night (based on availability).
- Prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any changes.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- 2 nights accommodation in 3-star B&B in Cortina d’Ampezzo
- 3 nights accommodation in rifugio (shared dormitories)
- All breakfasts
- Dinners in rifugio
- Transfer on day 2
- Local English speaking Hiking Guide (guided trips)
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax