This itinerary begins in Bolzano, the capital city of the Alto Adige / South Tyrol, in the northeastern part of Italy, home to the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology and the world-famous Ötzi the Iceman. You'll hike on the Renon Plateau, which offers an impressive variety of landscapes, people, fauna, and flora. Then you'll move onto the mountains near Merano as you'll hike on the quiet Naturnser Alm with spectacular views of the Texel Group, the Ötztal, and the Ortler Alps. But this is not all, for you'll hike on the Salto Plateau and visit its man-made rock towers and will have plenty of time to explore Merano, with its colorful Austrian-influenced buildings, botanical gardens, and thermal centers. And, of course, the wine! Visit local wine producers and enjoy delicious tastings accompanied by local delicacies. This is South Tyrol, a wonderful region of Northern Italy, all for you to explore!
- Discover the charming cities of Bolzano and Merano with their mild climates, perfect in spring & fall
- Explore the Renon and Naturnser alm, with their traditional Tyrolean style huts and a huge variety of trails!
- Enjoy 4 days of hiking in the area, topped up by visits to local wineries with wine tastings
- Visit the Otzi museum in Bolzano and discover the hidden gems of this beautiful city
- Relax and unwind at the stunning 5-star Vigilus Mountain Resort, with plenty of time to get spoiled!
- Experience the spa town of Merano, also known as the "Flower City" for its famous Flower Festival held each April
Day By Day
Trip itinerary may vary based on weather conditions, fitness levels and abilities of participants, and/or the recommendations of the Dolomite Mountains Team and your mountain guide. Daily mileage and altitude gain may vary depending on the device used.
Hotel in Bolzano
Hotel in Bolzano (B)
Hotel in Vigilius (B)
Hotel in Vigilius (B,D)
Hotel in Merano (B,D)
Hotel in Merano (B,D)
Great hotels with Dolomite Mountains. Whether intimate lodge, family run B&B, or luxury spa resort, our hotels are unique, eminently local, and hard to leave.
About our Accommodations Beyond the Dolomites
At Dolomite Mountains, we hand pick accommodations that best reflect the style of each region, to provide you with the most authentic experience of the unique cultures found in the different cities and towns where we travel. We work directly with the owners of each property, forging strong relationships to ensure you receive the best service and care during your stay. Regardless of whether it is a five-star luxury hotel or a cozy bed and breakfast you desire, we choose the best-in-class accommodations within each category, providing you stays at the most sought after hotels in each region. And, we always make sure you have access to inspired, regional cuisine!
All itineraries are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control including, weather, road or trail conditions.
€ 5.290 per person (minimum 2 participants)
€ 4.090 per person (minimum 4 participants)
€ 3.460 per person (minimum 6 participants)
High season supplement from July 16th to September 10th: 15% surcharge
Please note that prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any such changes.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and maps of the areas
- 2 nights accommodation in 4-star hotel in Bolzano
- 2 nights accommodation in 5-star mountain resort
- 2 nights accommodation in 4-star hotel in Merano
- All breakfasts
- All dinners except in Bolzano city hotel
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Local English speaking guide for 5 days (guided trips)
- Wine tastings on days 3 and 6
- Train and lift tickets during organized activities (guided trips)
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax
Itinerary in Pictures
South Tyrol Hiking Adventure – Bolzano and Merano Discovery: Hike in the lesser-known areas of Bolzano and Merano, with their mild climate and sunny surroundings. Hike on the Renon and Salto High Plateaus and Mount San Vigilio with stunning panoramas over the Dolomites and Austria!