This itinerary begins in Bolzano, the capital city of the Alto Adige / South Tyrol, in the northeastern part of Italy, home to the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology and the world famous Ötzi the Iceman.
From Bolzano, you’ll explore the Val d’Adige / Etschtal, an increasingly famous region for delicious Italian wines. From Cabernet to Lagrein, Chardonnay to Kerner, you’ll explore familiar and less familiar varietals as you tour the countryside. Plus visit Ferrari Trento, and taste the famous Italian “bollicine,” or sparkling wine, made with the Champagne method!
Next up you’ll head south to Lake Garda, a hidden gem. Tucked into Northern Italy, Lake Garda is blessed with beautiful beaches, intense transparent blue water, vertical rocky cliffs, rolling hills, and towering mountains. The diversity of the landscape here is truly remarkable; the flourishing vegetation – mainly olive and lemon groves, cypresses and oleanders – combines with the landscape to provide a lush background to the historical and cultural remains dotting the shoreline. The olive oil produced in this area is an Italian excellence – get ready to discover why for yourself!
Last but not least, you’ll travel to Verona, a beautiful city located along the Adige River – the same river that flows from the Dolomites across Bolzano. The dainty stone balcony at the 14th-century “Casa di Giulietta” of the Romeo & Juliet drama is a magnet for lovers (and Shakespeare fans). But Verona is not solely about Shakespeare – it is known as “piccola Roma,” or little Rome, for its importance in imperial times; it is home to the third largest coliseum in Italy, and one of the best preserved; and today is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. These world-class and charming villages, combined with the incredible wines and oils, is sure to leave you wanting to come back again and again for more!
- Explore Bolzano, the capital city of Alto Adige, and meet Ötzi – the 5,000-year-old preserved Iceman
- Spend a day on the Strada del Vino – the Wine Road – exploring vineyards and tasting incredible wines
- Discover Lake Garda, Italy’s largest and most beautiful lake, and its surrounding villages including Gargnano, Sirmione, and Malcesine
- Learn how olive oil is made, produced on the shores of Lake Garda
- Visit Verona, the “City of Love” renowned for the tragic events of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and it’s world famous Arena
Hotel in Bolzano
Hotel in Bolzano (B)
Hotel in Gargnano (B)
Hotel in Gargnano (B)
Hotel in Verona (B)
Hotel in Verona (B)
At Dolomite Mountains, we hand pick accommodations that best reflect the style of each region, to provide you with the most authentic experience of the unique cultures found in the different cities and towns where we travel. We work directly with the owners of each property, forging strong relationships to ensure you receive the best service and care during your stay. Regardless of whether it is a five-star luxury hotel or a cozy bed and breakfast you desire, we choose the best-in-class accommodations within each category, providing you stays at the most sought after hotels in each region. And, we always make sure you have access to inspired, regional cuisine!
On Dolomite Mountains Luxury Trips, we invite you to discover hidden gems and experience the authenticity of Northern Italy. Embark on a journey through ancient lands and spectacular landscapes – around the edges of the Dolomite Mountains UNESCO World Heritage Site. Uncover the treasures tucked away in small hamlets, medieval castles, and ancestral monasteries. Explore away from the classic tourist routes, and delve into unexpected landscapes, cultures, artistic treasures, architectural wonders, and incredible cuisine. Absorb the colors, flavors, and breathtaking scenery of Northern Italy. Lifestyle at its best.
Our Luxury Trips are full of options, to ensure the trip you choose best fits your travel style. Select a guided trip, and enjoy private transfers and a dedicated guide throughout your entire journey. Or choose a self guided itinerary, where you’ll have local city guides at each destination, but will enjoy private transfers all the way. More adventurous? Use your own vehicle, and take the self guided version of this trip! You’ll still have the benefit of local guides at each destination, but the freedom to explore the countryside from behind the wheel.
Helicopter Sightseeing & Airport Transfers – There's Nothing Else Like It!
Take to the skies for an aerial look at the spectacular Dolomite Mountains, and make memories to last a lifetime! Whether on a panoramic sightseeing ride or an airport transfer, you'll appreciate a bird's eye view of the stunning scenery aboard state-of-the-art single engine helicopters. With over 30 years in operation, our experienced pilots and ground crew employ the utmost safety standards, quality, and service. Contact us for a quotation.
Rides are weather dependent. Heli-transfers from/to airports require advanced reservation. In-resort rides can be reserved with shorter notice.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and maps of the areas
- 2 nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Bolzano
- 2 nights accommodation in a 5-star hotel in Gargnano
- 2 nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Verona
- All breakfasts
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Private driver as per itinerary (trips with private transfer option)
- Local English speaking guide for xx days (guided trips)
- Local English speaking private tourist guide in Bolzano, Sirmione and Verona, 2 hours guided visit per city (self-guided trips)
- Luggage transfer as per itinerary
- Entrance for the Ötzi Museum in Bolzano
- Winery tour and wine tasting at Alois Lageder Winery
- The Great Vintages tour at Ferrari Trento
- Boat ride from Sirmione to Gargnano
- Olive Oil tasting and museum visit in Bardolino
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax