South Tyrol (or Südtirol in German, and Alto Adige in Italian), where this itinerary will take you, is set right against the Austrian border. In fact, until the Italian Annexation in 1926, it was part of Austria. Here you'll find the dominant language to be German, followed by Italian (of course!), and Ladin, as well as English. You'll also find this same mix of three cultures and cultural influences in everything from the architecture to the food.
On this trip, you'll discover the areas of Bressanone / Brixen, Bolzano / Bozen, and Merano / Mean. You'll get acquainted with their colors and flavors, vineyards, and apple plantations. Explore the sights at a relaxed pace, with plenty of time to experience the local Wellness center and soak those tired muscles!
- Discover the charming cities of Bolzano and Merano with their mild climates, perfect in spring & fall
- Explore the Plose mountain area on an easy hike with panoramic views
- Enjoy leisurely sightseeing, topped with a visit to a local apple orchard
- Visit the Otzi museum in Bolzano, and discover hidden gems of this beautiful city
- Experience the spa town of Merano, also known as the "Flower City" for its famous Flower Festival held each April
Hotel in Bressanone (D)
Hotel in Plose, Bressanone (B,D)
Hotel in Merano (B,D)
Hotel in Merano (B,D)
- There is a high-season 15% surcharge from July 14th to Sept 8th.
- There is a private-room supplement in Rifugi: €40 per Rifugio, per person per night (based on availability).
- Prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any changes.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the areas
- 2 nights accommodations in a 4-star hotel in Bressanone
- 2 nights accommodations in a 4-star hotel in Merano
- All breakfasts and dinners
- 1 day with local English-speaking professional hiking guide
- Visit to apple juice producer and orchard with tastings
- Lift tickets during guided day
- Transfers as per itinerary
- In/out transfers from/to train stations in Bressanone and Bolzano
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax