But this UNESCO World Heritage Site has more than cultural diversity. It has mountains. Which means, it has fabulous passes to climb, and valleys to descend in to, making it a heaven for cyclists! The incredible geography of the Dolomites provides a high density of mountain passes within a relatively small area, affording steep ascents and descents on rural roads without traffic. And our South Tyrol Bike Tour approaches the province in a very athletic way: fast, and on two wheels. Every second of effort is amply rewarded with unique experiences.
- Explore many of the highlights of the Dolomites and Südtirol: Tre Cime di Lavaredo, Alto Adige wine country, the Sella Massif and the Sellaronda, Alpe di Siusi, and more!
- Bicycle over breath-taking Dolomite mountain passes, enjoying fabulous ascents between jagged Dolomitic peaks and descents into beautiful valleys
- See an incredible variety of landscapes, from eroded glacial moraines to walls that in prehistoric ages were below the sea level, to the highest mountain in the Dolomites
- Experience three cultures – Italian, German, and Ladin – with their many traditions that makes Südtirol so unique
Day By Day
Trip itinerary may vary based on weather conditions, fitness levels and abilities of participants, and/or the recommendations of the Dolomite Mountains Team and your mountain guide. Daily mileage and altitude gain may vary depending on the device used.
Hotel in Bolzano
Hotel in Bolzano (B)
Hotel in Alpe di Siusi (B,D)
Hotel in Alta Badia (B,D)
Hotel in Dobbiaco (B,D)
Hotel in Bolzano (B)
Great hotels with Dolomite Mountains. Whether intimate lodge, family run B&B, or luxury spa resort, our hotels are unique, eminently local, and hard to leave.
Want to learn more about our Hotels and B&Bs?
The Dolomites has a multi-faceted culture and history that is reflected in each village we visit, and we make sure to provide you with the most authentic experience of the region possible through the hotels and B&Bs we offer. Hotels and chalets are available in the larger villages, while agriturismos (working farms with accommodations similar to B&Bs) are more common in rural areas. And we always make sure you have access to inspired regional cuisine, and the best panoramas you can get in the Dolomites!
Want to learn more about our Luxury Hotels?
Luxury accommodations in the Dolomites combine the ultimate in comfort and refinement. From five star hotels, Michelin star-rated restaurants, and pampering spas, just because you are in the mountains does not mean you cannot have a truly luxe Italian experience in the Dolomites! From the chic town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, a popular destination for the rich and famous, to the quiet and discreet luxury of San Cassiano in Alta Badia, you will find accommodations with credentials ranging from membership in the exclusive Relais & Chateau to The Leading Hotels of the World!
About Dolomite Mountains Bicycling Trips
The Dolomites are without a doubt one of the great cycling areas in the Alps. Spectacular mountain passes and lush valleys create dramatic ascents and descents that make for exhilarating bicycling and sightseeing alike – you’ll be wowed by the fabulous ascents and descents, landscapes, and vistas as you pedal your way through the Dolomites. Add to this “bike friendly” hotels and bed and breakfasts, coupled with hearty South Tyrolean meals, and you have discovered the bicycling vacation of your dreams! Daily excursions are limitless – from steep grades over passes to exploring small hamlets set in the valleys between – and you’ll never ride the same road twice. Whether you prefer steep, challenging passes, or more relaxing, gentler ascents and descents, Dolomite Mountains has itineraries for bikers of all abilities and interests.
adidas Journeys Südtirol Trailer from Freunde von Freunden on Vimeo.
All itineraries are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control including, weather, road or trail conditions.
€ 4.780 per person (minimum 2 participants)
€ 3.470 per person (minimum 4 participants)
€ 2.970 per person (minimum 6 participants)
Self-guided trips not available.
High season supplement from July 16th to September 10th: 15% surcharge
The cost is based on 4-star hotels, it can be upgraded to 5-star, please contact us for a quotation.
Please note that prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any such changes.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- 3 nights accommodation in 4-star hotel in Bolzano
- 1 night accommodation in 4-star hotel in Alpe di Siusi
- 1 night accommodation in 4-star hotel in Alta Badia
- 1 night accommodation in 4-star hotel in Dobbiaco
- All breakfasts
- All dinners except those in Bolzano
- Local English speaking road bicycling guide for 5 days
- Luggage transfer
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax
Airport transfers, van support, and road bike and helmet rentals available on request.