This territory offers a wonderful harmony between mountain and sea – the Orosei coastline is 40 kilometers (25 miles) long, spreading north from Santa Maria Navarese to Cala Luna. White, calcareous cliffs rise 800 meters (2,625') high out of the crystal clear blue waters of the Golfo di Orosei, appearing to drop sharply into the sea. Oak and Juniper trees, Syrian pines, and broom brush and gorse cover the hillsides, providing a rich green Mediterranean contrast to the bright limestone plunging into the blue sea.
On this incredible, challenging trek, you’ll hike north along the coastline of one of the most beautiful gulfs of the Mediterranean Sea: the Orosei. The panoramas and sceneries offered cannot be found in other places in Sardinia. And the food! You are sure to enjoy the Sardinian food and wine and hospitality of the local people.
But this is not a trek for the feint of heart – or with a fear of heights! Narrow footpaths, sometimes almost indecipherable, lead you over undulating trails along the sea cliffs. The terrain is rocky and uneven and in some places where rocks close the way, easy climbs and rappels are necessary. While defined as the wildest trek in Italy, Selvaggio Blu is probably also the most original and beautiful one. The valleys from the inland open their way to the sea shaping beautiful coves where you will be able to refresh yourself with a swim almost every day.
- Challenge yourself on what many consider “the most difficult trek in Italy” as you hike on rugged terrain winding along Sardinia’s breathtaking Orosei Gulf!
- Explore the Orosei coastline, one of the most beautiful areas of Sardinia, where narrow gorges, imposing chalk rocks, wide plateaus, and hidden canyons run in an uninterrupted stretch of natural beauty toward the sea
- Discover Sardinia’s famous beaches, characterized by transparent water and intense turquoise colors
- Enjoy the Sardinian food, wine, and hospitality of the local people
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese (D)
Farmhouse Accommodation (B,D)
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese (B,D)
Camping on Cala Biriala (B,D)
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese (B,D)
At Dolomite Mountains, we hand pick accommodations that best reflect the style of each region, to provide you with the most authentic experience of the unique cultures found in the different cities and towns where we travel. We work directly with the owners of each property, forging strong relationships to ensure you receive the best service and care during your stay. Regardless of whether it is a five-star luxury hotel or a cozy bed and breakfast you desire, we choose the best-in-class accommodations within each category, providing you stays at the most sought after hotels in each region. And, we always make sure you have access to inspired, regional cuisine!
Our guides are passionate, experienced mountain enthusiasts who work year round in the outdoor industry and are dedicated to providing our guests an exceptional experience.
This trip includes four nights of bivouacking (sleeping under the stars, using only natural shelters – when available). The first two nights you will sleep “under the stars,” as there are no natural shelters. Hikers will carry a large overnight backpack with your personal belongings for the entire trip. You will be expected to provide your own backpack, sleeping bag and pad. The climbing harness and locking carabiner can be rented locally. Participants are also expected to carry the climbing eqiopment daily, along with personal belongings and food provided for the day. Each day, a boat or vehicle will transport fresh food, camping equipment and duffel bags to the camping/rifugio location.
From € 4.060 per person (minimum 2 participants)
From € 2.260 per person (minimum 4 participants)
€ 1.760 per person
- In/Out airport group transfer from Cagliari Airport (CAG) or Olbia Airport (OLB)
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- 3 nights accommodation in 3-star hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese
- 2 nights camping accommodation
- 1 night accommodation in rifugio
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Packed lunches on hiking days
- 1 English speaking Professional UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide for 5 days (ratio 1:5)
- Most climbing equipment (clients are expected to carry their own climbing harness and locking carabiner daily)
- Camping equipment (tent, sleeping mat)
- Private ground and boat transfers
- Tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax
Single room accommodations available on request
Packed lunch: panini with salami or ham, cheese, mozzarella, fruits, vegetables and water
Typical dinner: cold cuts antipasto, freshly made pasta/ravioli, fried bread dough, Sardinian roast meat (pork, veal, goat), bread, vegetables, dessert, water, wine, digestive