Sustainable Journeys are quickly becoming the way to travel. You can now choose to travel in the style you're used to and at the same time feel assured your choices are benefiting our beautiful planet.
The Green Travel trend is hitting the shores of every sought-after destination. What better way to get involved than to choose a more mindful Sardinian vacation with us?
Sardinia's east coast and interior comprise one of the last wilderness sanctuaries on the Mediterranean Sea. And the Selvaggio Blu is one of the best ways – if not the only way – to truly explore its entire coastline. At Dolomite Mountains, we believe it's vital to protect this wild paradise. Along with our partnerships, we've created an exclusive, greener, more immersive experience allowing growth and profitability for the Sardinian community and culture while conserving its wilderness.
You'll discover unexplored beaches, hidden between vast limestone cliffs in fantastic shades of purple, grey, and black.
The Orosei coastline is 40 kilometers (25 miles) long, spreading north from Santa Maria Navarrese to Cala Luna, offering a captivating harmony between mountain and sea. White, calcareous cliffs rise 800 meters (2,625') high out of the clear blue waters of the Golfo di Orosei, dropping sharply into the sea. Oak and Juniper trees, Syrian pines, and broom brush cover the hillsides, providing a rich green Mediterranean contrast to the bright limestone plunging into the ocean.
On this incredible trek, you'll hike north along the coastline of one of the most beautiful gulfs of the Mediterranean: the Orosei. You won't find panoramas like these in other places in Sardinia. And the food! Enjoy the Sardinian food and wine and the hospitality of the local people.
But this is not a trek for the faint of heart – or those with a fear of heights! Narrow rocky footpaths lead you over undulating trails along the sea cliffs. Where rocks close the way, climbs and rappels are necessary. While defined as the wildest trek in Italy, Selvaggio Blu is the most unblemished and beautiful. The valleys inland open their way to the sea, shaping beautiful coves where you can refresh with a swim. You'll spend two nights on a private boat anchored to the shores of white sandy beaches, floating gently on crystal clear waters for which Sardinia is known. What a fantastic way to enjoy afternoon dips and well-earned relaxation on the deck! Beat the crowds, join us and choose a path less traveled.
- Challenge yourself on what many consider “the most difficult trek in Italy” as you hike on rugged terrain winding along Sardinia’s breathtaking Orosei Gulf!
- Explore the Orosei coastline, one of the most beautiful areas of Sardinia, where narrow gorges, imposing chalk rocks, wide plateaus, and hidden canyons run in an uninterrupted stretch of natural beauty toward the sea
- Discover Sardinia’s famous beaches, characterized by white sand beaches, transparent water, and intense turquoise colors
- Spend two nights on board a private boat anchored off the shore
- Enjoy the Sardinian food, wine, and hospitality of the local people
- This itinerary is part of our commitment to responsible travel and our partnership with The Long Run, one of the world’s largest sustainable development initiatives led by nature-based businesses
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese (D)
Farmhouse Accommodation (B,D,L)
Boat accommodation (B,D,L)
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese (B,L)
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese (B,D,L)
At Dolomite Mountains, we hand pick accommodations that best reflect the style of each region, to provide you with the most authentic experience of the unique cultures found in the different cities and towns where we travel. We work directly with the owners of each property, forging strong relationships to ensure you receive the best service and care during your stay. Regardless of whether it is a five-star luxury hotel or a cozy bed and breakfast you desire, we choose the best-in-class accommodations within each category, providing you stays at the most sought after hotels in each region. And, we always make sure you have access to inspired, regional cuisine!
Our guides are passionate, experienced mountain enthusiasts who work year round in the outdoor industry and are dedicated to providing our guests an exceptional experience.
Moderate to Challenging Trip:
Our moderate to challenging trips are demanding, with a whole lot of fun along the way. There will be no question in your mind whether you accomplished something at the end of each day!
€ 5.890 per person (minimum 2 participants)
€ 3.790 per person (minimum 4 participants)
€ 3.090 per person (minimum 6 participants)
Please note that prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any such changes.
Group Departures: € 3.580 per person (minimum 4 participants)
In/out airport group transfers are included (Cagliari).
Arrival day > transfer from Cagliari airport to Santa Maria at 2:00pm - transfer lasts 2 hours
Departure day > transfer from Santa Maria to Cagliari airport at 9:00am - transfer lasts 2 hours
- In/Out airport group transfer from Cagliari Airport (CAG) - (or Olbia Airport (OLB) for private trips)
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- 3 nights accommodation in 4-star hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese
- 1 nights sleeping on board " under the stars" of a private charter fishing boat, 57 feet long
- 1 night camping accommodation on the grounds of a local farmhouse
- 1 night accommodation in rifugio
- All breakfasts
- All dinners except on day 5
- Packed lunches on hiking days
- 1 English speaking Professional UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide for 5 days (ratio 1:6)
- Climbing equipment (clients are expected to carry their own climbing harness and locking carabiner daily)
- Sleeping mat
- Private ground and boat transfers
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax
Single room accommodations available on request
Packed lunch: panini with salami or ham, cheese, mozzarella, fruits, vegetables and water
Typical dinner: cold cuts antipasto, freshly made pasta/ravioli, fried bread dough, Sardinian roast meat (pork, veal, goat), bread, vegetables, dessert, water, wine, digestive