When most people think of a hiking vacation, they think of mountains. Maybe lakes and rivers. But beaches? Really? Well… that’s because they’ve never been to Sardinia!
On this active itinerary, yes you’ll hike through beautiful mountains, discovering cultural artifacts that date back before the Romans, but you’ll also drop down to secluded beaches, accessible only by foot or by private boat. In fact, many of your hiking excursions will end with time on the beach before transferring back to your hotel by boat! On our Sardinia: From Wild Trails to Secluded Luxury itinerary, you’ll explore the central eastern Olbia Coastline, the mountainous interior of the island, and the beautiful Costa Smerelda, or Emerald Coast, to its north. You’ll be plenty active each day, with opportunities to swim and relax on the beach throughout.
Sardinia’s east coast and interior comprise one of the last wilderness sanctuaries on the entire Mediterranean Sea. The landscape of the wonderful Supramonte Mountains on the east side of the island belongs to one of the most dramatic coastlines of the Mediterranean. White cliffs rise 800 meters (2,625') high out of the crystal clear blue waters of the Golfo di Orosei. Thousands of mysterious Nuraghe villages and towers, scattered over this island, tell us of ancient times and ancient cultures that once ruled Sardinia. And the pristine beaches here offer an unmatched beauty of crystal waters and pristine white pebbles and rocks that render the sea an unimaginable variety of turquoise colors, changing at different times of day, and depending on your angle of view.
On your last few days, you’ll explore an altogether different landscape to the northeast: the Costa Smeralda or Emerald Coast. Granite and porphyry mark out jagged areas, coves, inlets, and turquoise sandy beaches, while the inland areas are made of gentle hills. Discover the towns of Porto Cervo, Porto Rotondo and San Pantelao. The best part? You’ll spend your final day here aboard a tall sailing ship, cruising along turquoise waters into hidden coves and pristine beaches, taking in the secluded luxury that is Sardinia!
- Discover the transparent water and intense turquoise colors set off by white stone beaches and cliffs that make Sardinia so picturesque
- Hike in two of the most beautiful areas of Sardinia, the Orosei coastline and the Supramonte Massif, where narrow gorges, imposing chalk rocks, wide plateaus, and hidden canyons run in an uninterrupted stretch of natural beauty toward the sea
- Indulge in luxury accommodations and the incredible Sardinian food, wine, and hospitality of the local people
- Enjoy a full day excursion on a tall sailing ship, exploring the La Maddalena archipelago, hidden beaches, and crystal clear waters
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese (B,D)
Hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese (B,L)
Boutique Hotel in Oliena (B,D,L)
Boutique Hotel in Oliena (B,D,L)
Luxury Hotel in Costa Smeralda (B)
Luxury Hotel in Costa Smeralda (B,L)
At Dolomite Mountains, we hand pick accommodations that best reflect the style of each region, to provide you with the most authentic experience of the unique cultures found in the different cities and towns where we travel. We work directly with the owners of each property, forging strong relationships to ensure you receive the best service and care during your stay. Regardless of whether it is a five-star luxury hotel or a cozy bed and breakfast you desire, we choose the best-in-class accommodations within each category, providing you stays at the most sought after hotels in each region. And, we always make sure you have access to inspired, regional cuisine!
From € 5.060 per person (minimum 2 participants)
From € 5.190 per person (minimum 4 participants)
- Airport transfers from/to Olbia International Airport (OLB)
- Trip briefing
- 3 nights accommodation in 4-star hotel in Santa Maria Navarrese
- 2 nights accommodation in 4-star boutique hotel in the Oliena region
- 2 nights accommodation in 5-star hotel in Costa Smeralda
- All breakfasts
- Lunches on boat excursions
- Dinner at local farmhouse on day 2
- Dinners in Oliena
- English speaking Hiking Guide for 3 days
- Full day excursion on sailing ship, with lunch included
- Private ground and boat transfers as per itinerary
- Entrance fee to Grotta del Fico
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax