This trail-running adventure takes you from The Alpe di Siusi, the largest alpine pasture in Europe, then heads deep into Puez-Odle Natural Nature Park, a nature reserve constituting 10,722 hectares (25,194 acres) and part of the Dolomite Mountains UNESCO World Heritage Site. Reach the magnificent high mountain pass of Valparola, filled with rich history, awe-inspiring views, and spectacular photo opportunities.
Discover Andraz Castle perching on a large boulder hauled downstream during the last glaciation, dominating over the Fodom valley.
Finish in Cortina d'Ampezzo in the heart of the Venetian Dolomites, surrounded by high peaks and one of the most famous mountain resorts in the world.
- Traverse the unique trails and the magnificent mountains only the Dolomites can offer
- Experience The Alpe di Siusi, the largest alpine pasture in Europe, in the heart of the South Tyrolean Dolomites
- Take in the Puez-Odle Nature Park – with its majestic rock faces and lunar landscapes surrounded by beautiful peaks
- Visit Passo Valparola, a famous destination for discovering the unique landscape of the Dolomites and for its rich WWI history
4* Hotel in Val Gardena
4* Hotel in Val Gardena (B)
4* Hotel in Alta Badia (B,D)
5* Hotel in Cortina d'Ampezzo (B)
The Dolomites has a multi-faceted culture and history that is reflected in each village we visit, and we make sure to provide you with the most authentic experience of the region possible through the hotels and B&Bs we offer. Hotels and chalets are available in the larger villages, while agriturismos (working farms with accommodations similar to B&Bs) are more common in rural areas. And we always make sure you have access to inspired regional cuisine and the best panoramas you can get in the Dolomites!
Prefer luxury accommodations?
You can also book a custom departure for this trip using our Luxury Hotels. For details, please contact us.
Want to learn more about our Mountain Inns & Rifugi?
Rifugi – or mountain huts in English – are the classic accommodation for hikers, climbers, mountaineers, and ski mountaineers in the Alps. Set in spectacular locations high in the Dolomites, rifugi are accessible only on foot (with a few exceptions that are reachable by car). These marvelous establishments are open primarily in the summer, with a select few in winter, and offer meals and sleeping facilities.
The Dolomite rifugi are considered the best in the Alps. While some are dormitory style with bunk beds, many meet the standard of a simple guest house with private rooms and en-suite bathrooms, and each has its own unique character and charm. Bedding and linens are provided, hot showers are available, and meals are served in common dining areas – like a small mountain inn set high in the mountains with the most incredible vistas in the Dolomites. Whether you’re hiking in summer or skiing in winter, an overnight rifugio stay is not to miss on a Dolomite holiday.
To learn even more about rifugi in the Dolomites, check out our Rifugios in the Dolomites article, and learn about one of the best ways to experience these incredible mountains!
Still want more? Add one or two days to climb a via ferrata.
Want even more? Why not extend your adventure!
Dolomite Mountains offers fantastic extensions that you can enjoy before or after your trip to the Dolomites. Explore Venice, Verona, Lake Garda, Florence, or Milan, or any of the many other magical places found throughout Italy. There's no more perfect way to recover from jet lag upon arrival or delay your return to reality at the end of your trip!
- There is a high-season 15% surcharge from July 14th to Sept 8th.
- There is a private-room supplement in Rifugi: €40 per Rifugio, per person per night (based on availability).
- Prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any changes.
- Trip Briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- Local English speaking hiking/running guide for 5 days (if guided)
- 2 nights accommodation in in 4-star hotel in Val Gardena
- 1 night accommodation in in 4-star hotel in Alta Badia
- 2 nights accommodation in shared room in Rifugios
- 1 night accommodation in in 5-star hotel in Cortina d’Ampezzo
- All breakfasts and dinners (except in Cortina)
- Private transfers as per itinerary
- Luggage transfer to each accommodation
- Lift tickets (if guided)
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects: makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Tourist Tax
- 22% VAT Italian tax