Topaz in color, with an intoxicating bouquet, Prosecco presents with ripe assorted apple, pear, some citrus, and often a hint of nutty almond, all intensified by the bubbles! How many bubbles? Your choice! Prosecco is made in a spumante style, with lots of bubbles, and frizzante, if you prefer fewer bubbles tickling your nose and palate. This versatile, food-friendly wine is primarily made from Glera (the grape formerly and more commonly known as "Prosecco"), though other varieties are permitted to be included in the blend.
Prosecco is made using the Charmat method, also called the "Italian Method." Similar to the traditional French méthode champenoise, Charmat forces the second fermentation to happen in a large stainless steel tank prior to bottling, rather than in the bottle like Champagne. The Charmat method is a less expensive way to push a wine through second fermentation, and is best used for sparkling wines that are meant to be consumed young and fresh – which is perfect for Prosecco!
The entire Prosecco region is full of charm and atmosphere. Historical and artistic attractions abound, from a 12th century abbey to Palladian Villas from the 16th century, to historic and contemporary wineries that produce Prosecco. What’s more, you’ll find exalted gourmet restaurants that will amply complement the refined taste of the most renowned Proseccos available. And the entire region, with its exciting views and its natural beauty, is perfect for both hiking and cycling! Truly, the magnificence of the sparkling wine produced here mirrors the loveliness of the landscape, and is amply celebrated with the pop of a cork each day!
- Explore the Prosecco region of northern Italy, discovering the steep hillside vineyards and coveted sparkling wine they produce
- Hike the Via Claudia Augusta, an ancient Roman road, and enjoy lunch at a winery that produces Cartizze, Prosecco’s most esteemed Cru
Relais & Châteaux in Follina
Relais & Châteaux in Follina (B)
- In airport transfers
- 2 nights accommodation in 5-star hotel in Follina
- All breakfasts
- Local English-speaking hiking or biking guide for 1 day
- Private transfers as per itinerary
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax