Join us for a unique experience across legendary via ferrata – the iron paths of the Dolomites! On this 5-day trek, you’ll hike and climb along the paths of Val di Fassa, the Fassa Valley, from hut-to-hut and -hotel. You’ll climb via ferrata, routes equipped with metal ladders and cables to help you climb the awesome peaks of the Dolomites.
The origin of the via ferrata came during the First World War, when the Italian and Austro-Hungarian armies fought against each other on the vertical walls of these wonderful mountains. In order to succeed, they had to fix these iron ladders and wire cables to the rock, often under enemy fire. Today, many of these “iron paths” have been converted to recreational use and can be tackled by anyone interested in going a step beyond hiking, towards the magical world of climbing and mountaineering. This activity is suitable for all curious hikers that want to know what lies above the trails.
And this trip is not only great for the via ferrata climbing, but also for taking in the breathtaking sights of the Val di Fassa. This incredible valley is crowned by peaks, including the Marmolada, Catinaccio/Rosengarten, Sasslolungo, and the Sella Massif. As you traverse high above the valley, you will take in different angles and vistas of each mountain and valley, getting to know them intimately as you watch how they change with every step and turn.
- Explore Val di Fassa using a combination of via ferrata, hiking trails, and lifts!
- Discover the hidden valleys and majestic mountains of the Dolomites – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Ascend a different via ferrata each day, experience the the adrenaline rush of climbing, and exploring fascinating WWI ruins and history
- Stay in cozy mountain rifugios with the civilized comforts of a warm bed and hearty cuisin.
Hotel in Val di Fassa (D)
Hotel in Val di Fassa (B,D)
Want to learn more about our Hotels and B&Bs?
The Dolomites has a multi-faceted culture and history that is reflected in each village we visit, and we make sure to provide you with the most authentic experience of the region possible through the hotels and B&Bs we offer. Hotels and chalets are available in the larger villages, while agriturismos (working farms with accommodations similar to B&Bs) are more common in rural areas. And we always make sure you have access to inspired regional cuisine, and the best panoramas you can get in the Dolomites!
Want to learn more about our Mountain Inns & Rifugi?
Rifugi – or mountain huts in English – are the classic accommodation for hikers, climbers, mountaineers, and ski mountaineers in the Alps. Set in spectacular locations high in the Dolomites, rifugi are accessible only on foot (with a few exceptions that are reachable by car). These marvelous establishments are open primarily in the summer, with a select few in winter, and offer meals and sleeping facilities.
The Dolomite rifugi are considered the best in the Alps. While some are dormitory style with bunk beds, many meet the standard of a simple guest house with private rooms and en-suite bathrooms, and each has its own unique character and charm. Bedding and linens are provided, hot showers are available, and meals are served in common dining areas – like a small mountain inn set high in the mountains with the most incredible vistas in the Dolomites. Whether you’re hiking in summer or skiing in winter, an overnight rifugio stay is not to miss on a Dolomite holiday.
To learn even more about rifugi in the Dolomites, check out our Rifugios in the Dolomites article, and learn about one of the best ways to experience these incredible mountains!
€ 2.440 per person (2 participants)
€ 1.730 per person (4 participants)
€ 1.940 per person (6 participants) - 2 guides
Self-guided trips are available on request.
Good via ferrata experience required for self-guided via ferrata trips.
Via ferrata equipment is not included in this case, and 1st day will be guided.
The cost is based on the specified hotel category. (Please see the cost inclusions list). If you would like an upgrade, please get in touch with us for a quotation.
We will do our best to accommodate you in the specified class of accommodations. However, if there is no availability in this category, we will offer you the next available classification at a supplementary price.
Important to note:
- There is a high-season 15% surcharge from July 14th to Sept 8th.
- There is a private-room supplement in Rifugi: €40 per Rifugio, per person per night (based on availability).
- Prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any changes.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- 2 nights accommodation in 3-star hotel in Val di Fassa
- 2 nights accommodation in rifugio (shared dormitory)
- All breakfasts & dinners
- Local English speaking Professional UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide for 3 days
- Lift tickets
- Via ferrata equipment
- Local transportation as per itinerary
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT tax