Our getaway trip in Val di Fassa is an abbreviated version of our Trek of the Legends trip – an extraordinary hiking experience that helps you discover where the Ladin legends of the Dolomites were born. This circular trekking route includes 200 kilometers of walking (124 miles, or about 60 hours), divided into 20 stages, linking the Val di Fassa with the Val di Fiemme and Primiero. Three of the six stages that are in the Val di Fassa are included in this fascinating itinerary.
This wide range of mountain hikes lead to King Laurin's rose garden in the Catinaccio. They wind amidst the rocks of the Marmolada Glacier, where you might hear Conturina sing, or take you to the foot of the Sassolungo to listen to the twitter of a nightingale belonging to a legendary princess. This fairy tale experience completes and enriches your holiday. It's also an excellent opportunity to enjoy the Enrosadira phenomenon where, at sunset, the dolostone of the Dolomite Mountains take on a beautiful red hue.
The majestic Dolomite Mountains offer so many incredible areas to hike and explore, it’s hard to choose just one! But the advantage of selecting a single area for your trip is that you can get to know the area more intimately. That’s why we created our Hiking Getaway Around Val di Fassa – it’s the perfect way to explore the Val di Fassa area of the Dolomites, in just five days!
Prefer a longer trip?
Check out our 8-day Trek of the Legends: Hiking in Val di Fassa trip!
- Short on time? This is the perfect quick way to experience the Dolomites in just 5 days!
- Experience the fairy tale mountain landscape of the Dolomites, with astounding panoramas around every corner
- Hike part of the Trek of the Legends, an extraordinary itinerary that will lead you to uncover the beauty and legends of the Dolomite Mountains
- Walk along pastoral alpine pastures, across mountain passes, and on scenic trails
- Hike hut-to-hut as you explore Val di Fassa and its surrounding beauty
Hotel in Val di Fassa (D)
Hotel in Val di Fassa (B,D)
The Dolomites has a multi-faceted culture and history that is reflected in each village we visit, and we make sure to provide you with the most authentic experience of the region possible through the hotels and B&Bs we offer. Hotels and chalets are available in the larger villages, while agriturismos (working farms with accommodations similar to B&Bs) are more common in rural areas. And we always make sure you have access to inspired regional cuisine, and the best panoramas you can get in the Dolomites!
Prefer luxury acommodations?
You can also book a custom departure of this trip using our Luxury Hotels. For details, please contact us.
Want to learn more about our Mountain Inns & Rifugi?
Rifugi – or mountain huts in English – are the classic accommodation for hikers, climbers, mountaineers, and ski mountaineers in the Alps. Set in spectacular locations high in the Dolomites, rifugi are accessible only on foot (with a few exceptions that are reachable by car). These marvelous establishments are open primarily in the summer, with a select few in winter, and offer meals and sleeping facilities.
The Dolomite rifugi are considered the best in the Alps. While some are dormitory style with bunk beds, many meet the standard of a simple guest house with private rooms and en-suite bathrooms, and each has its own unique character and charm. Bedding and linens are provided, hot showers are available, and meals are served in common dining areas – like a small mountain inn set high in the mountains with the most incredible vistas in the Dolomites. Whether you’re hiking in summer or skiing in winter, an overnight rifugio stay is not to miss on a Dolomite holiday.
To learn more about rifugi in the Dolomites, check out our Rifugios in the Dolomites article, and learn about one of the best ways to experience these incredible mountains
Want to learn more about hiking in the Dolomites? Check out our Tips for Hiking in the Dolomites article!
Still want more adventure? We can add several days of via ferrata to your trip! Ask us for details.
€ 2.010 per person (2 participants)
€ 1.420 per person (4 participants)
€ 1.210 per person (6 participants)
Self Guided Trip:
€ 990 per person (2 participants)
€ 890 per person (4 participants)
€ 840 per person (6 participants)
The cost is based on the specified hotel category. (Please see the cost inclusions list). If you would like an upgrade, please get in touch with us for a quotation.
- There is a high-season 15% surcharge from July 14th to Sept 8th.
- There is a private-room supplement in Rifugi: €40 per Rifugio, per person per night (based on availability).
- Prices may increase between the time of quotation and booking. Your Dolomite Mountains consultant will inform you of any changes.
- Trip briefing
- Logistics and map of the area
- 2 nights accommodation in 3-star hotel in Val di Fassa
- 2 nights accommodation in rifugio
- All breakfasts & dinners
- Local English speaking Hiking Guide (guided trips)
- Lift tickets if guided
- Transfers in the area as per itinerary
- A €15 donation to Wow Nature’s reforestation projects makes your trip carbon-neutral
- Local tourist tax
- Italian VAT Tax